IBPS Clerk Vacancy Notification 2020-21: IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) has called for the recruitment of Clerks for the year 2020-21 in different Nationalised Banks for different states. It is considered one of the reputed jobs in India and has to fill total vacancies of 12075 for the post of Clerk in 2020-21.
Dates of Examination
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||17.09.2019 to 09.10.2019|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||17.09.2019 to 09.10.2019|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||November 2019|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||25.11.2019 to 30.11.2019|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||November 2019|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||07.12.2019, 08.12.2019,|
14.12.2019 & 21.12.2019
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||December 2019/ January 2020|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||January 2020|
|Online Examination – Main||19.01.2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
Education Qualification / Eligibility
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculated ExServicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 09.10.2019. Such certificates should be dated on or before 09.10.2019.
Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk
1. Preliminary Examination
|SL No.||Name of Tests||No. of|
|Medium of Exam||Time allotted for|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
2. Mains Examination
|Sl No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum|
|Time allotted for each test|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Online Preliminary and Online Main Examination)
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Procedure for Applying
(1) Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s authorized website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CRP- Clerks (CRP-Clerks-IX)” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CRP- Clerks (CRP-Clerks-IX)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
(2) Candidates will have click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using a Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars if needed.
(3) Candidates are required to upload their
– Left thumb impression
– A hand-written declaration as per the specifications is given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of documents (Annexure III of the Notification Download).
(4) Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
Mode of Payment
As per the IBPS Notification for Recruitment of Probationary Officers 2020-21, Candidates should make the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only.
As per the IBPS Notification for Recruitment of CRP- Clerks (CRP-Clerks-IX) for 2020-21
- Rs.600 for Gen/OBC
- Rs.100 for SC/ST/PWD
(As on 01.09.2019): Minimum age is 20 years and Maximum age is 28 years
An exemption of 3 years to OBC category and 5 years to SC/ST category and 5 years to Ex-servicemen.
The total marks allotted for Online Main Examination are 200. Marks will be converted out of 100 for Provisional allotment. A candidate should qualify in the Online Main Examination and be sufficiently high in the merit to be considered for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on authorized IBPS website.
On completion of the Main Examination, depending on the state/UT wise vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2020-21 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum-preference keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, various guidelines issued by Govt. of India/Others from time to time, administrative exigency, etc. Vacancies given in this advertisement are indicative.
The provisional allotment shall be done on the basis of final vacancies to be reported by the Participating Organisations. Candidates should not claim indicative vacancies as final for the provisional allotment. No change in the data already registered by the candidate in the online application form is possible.
A candidate belonging to reserved category, selected on the basis of norms as applicable to General Category, will be treated at par with a General category candidate. Such own merit candidates belonging to reserved categories who are provisionally allotted under unreserved (General) category will not be adjusted against a reserved post. However, their original category as registered in the online registration will remain unchanged.