DSSSB issued a notification 2019 for Fire Operator under Delhi Fire Services, Govt. of NCT Delhi, for recruitment of only Male candidates.
DSSSB has issued an advertisement no. 04/19 (Download Notification) of Fire Operator with postcode – 18/19, will recruit only male candidates as per qualification and selection basis. The details of the examination as discussed below in the post.
Details of the post
Fire Operator (Group C) post under Delhi Fire Services having Grade Pay of Rs.2800/- with Basic Pay starting from Rs.5200 – Rs.20200/-.
As per DSSSB issued notification 2019 for Fire Operator, the vacancy position is as follows:-
Educational Qualification Required
1. Matric-pass from a recognized Institute /Board or equivalent.
2. Should possess a valid license for driving heavy-duty vehicles.
3. Should qualify physical endurance test, driving test and written test as prescribed by the Chief Fire Officer.
Note:- Candidate selected for appointment to the post shall have to undergo a pre-service training of 6 months as prescribed by Chief Fire Officer and shall have to pass the prescribed test. The training shall be terminated if the work and conduct of the candidates are not found satisfactory.
1. Technical qualification in profession.
During training, a fixed amount of stipend shall only be paid.
Physical Standard and Disqualification Criteria
The following are the requirements for the physical standard of Fire Operator: –
1. Minimum Height: 165 cms. (relaxable of 5 cms for hilly area people)
2. Minimum Weight: 50 kgs.
3. Chest (normal): 81 cms. Chest (expanded): 86.5 cms.
4. EyeSight: 6/6.
However, the candidate may be disqualified for the following reasons: –
(1) Wearing glasses/ squint eyes/color blindness.
(2) Flat Feet
(3) Knock Knee.
(4) Deformity of any limb / extra limb.
The Maximum age for applying is 27 years with relaxation of 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST candidates.
Fees for applying for the exam
Rs. 100/- has to be paid by the GEN/OBC candidates and exempt for the SC/ST candidates
Details of Paper and Mode of Selection
The selection shall be made through One Tier (G) examination scheme and Physical Endurance Test as prescribed by the Chief Fire Officer.
There will be four sections in the Tier-I examination:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
- Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
- Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension
After qualifying of Tier-1, the qualified candidates will have to clear Physical Test (as specified above) to get this job.