Indian Post has invited the application for Indian Postal Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2019, for 10th qualified candidates in various States.
The applications are invited for 10066 GDS posts in the Indian posts in states such as Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Punjab, Kerela, Karnataka.
How and When to apply:
The last date to apply for the posts is 04-09-2019. So, hurry up and read the instructions before applying.
Visit the site – appost.in and click on Registration option provided but read instructions before applying.
How many vacancies available state-wise
The state-wise vacancy for Indian Postal Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2019 are as follows: –
- Assam- 919 Post
- Bihar- 1063 Posts
- Gujarat- 2510 Posts
- Karnataka- 2637 Posts
- Kerala- 2086 Posts
- Punjab- 851 Posts
Minimum Age to apply for the posts
The minimum age for applying for Indian Postal Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2019 is 18 to 40 years with age exemption of 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST and 10-15 years for PWD UR/OBC/SC/ST
What are the application fees
There is Rs.100 for Gen/OBC/Male category and No fee for SC/ST/PWD/Female
The fee can be made at any Head Post office across India.
Education Qualification required for the posts
These are the mandatory education qualification for Indian Postal Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Recruitment 2019.
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.
- The candidates for all approved categories of GDS referred to in (1) above will be required to furnish Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
What is the process of selection
The selection will be done based on the merit list. here is the details: –
- Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weight-age will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory subject to the conditions referred in Clause B of Notifications pertaining to Required Educational Qualifications for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- In case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking the conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, EWS female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, EWS male, UR male.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one or all Circles. However, this count of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in the candidate’s Home Circle. (Home Circle means the circle in the native/ domicile state of a prospective candidate in which he/she is permanently residing and studied SSC where Postal Circle is providing opportunity). Hence, candidates should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5, etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly in case of a candidate joins at any selected post, offers to the remaining choices will automatically be forfeited. If a candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
- Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.