Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has notified the application form for Engineering Services 2019 and the examination will commence on 6th January 2019. Engineering Services exam is held specifically for the candidates who are from Engineering background in India.
But, this time, UPSC has come with all new feature benefiting the candidates to withdraw the application before the examination, if they are not prepared for the examination and they don’t want to lose their attempt.
As there are limited attempts for USPC, for General category students there are only 6 attempts till the age of 32 for CSE whereas, for UPSC Engineering Services, there is an upper age limit of 30 years with relaxation to OBC/SC/ST/Ex-serviceman and physically handicapped candidates. In Engineering services, there is no specific limited number of attempts.
Withdraw your application:
– Candidates preparing for the UPSC sometime feel that they are not prepared for the exam and want to withdraw it after filing the application. So, with feedback received from the aspirants, UPSC has come up with the ‘Withdraw your Application‘ feature.
With this candidates can withdraw their application in the stipulated time, but fee deposited at the time of filing the application will not be refunded. So, be sure while withdrawing your application as you won’t get your money back but the attempt will also not be counted.
Fill the UPSC form:
– 1. Go to http://upsconline.nic.in and click on the exam form you want to apply.
2. Keep scanned copy your passport size photo with white background and your signature on a white sheet.
3. Fill out the details and upload the scanned photo and signature with the applicable size.
4. Then, you will proceed to payment. It costs Rs. 200/- for the Engineering Services and Rs. 100/- for Civil Services Examination.
Time limit to withdraw the application:
UPSC has provided less time to withdraw your application. In this last date, to fill the application is 22nd October 2018, and withdrawal of application will be available between 29.10.2018 to 05.11.2018 till 5:00 PM.
That mean candidate has to make his mind just after applying for the application, whether he wants to withdraw it or not.
- The study material for UPSC exams
Is this will be available for CSE also?
– A form will come out in January 2019 for CSE, that we have to see it will be for CSE aspirants also. As more candidates appear for CSE examination, the probability is high that it will also be implemented for the UPSC CSE candidates.
The availability of withdrawing the application for UPSC CSE will also be informed, once the notification (see the dates of important examination) is out.