NCERT Books plays a vital role in the preparation of UPSC Exam as it lays a strong grip on various concepts. UPSC Exam is one the prestigious exam that is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. It is one of the highly competitive exams that is conducted at recent times.
It is an examination that is conducted at three levels – Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview. Based on the results they are hired for different posts namely IRS, IPS, IAS, and IFS. In Order to achieve good results and to be successfully hired one need to be confident and should prepare with books that give a perfect kick-start.
There is lots of hype about NCERT Books and due to this a question may arise why to opt these books while preparing for competitive exams. You might have heard this several times from many people or maybe by your friends, IAS aspirants or in some coaching centers. There is a valid reason behind this.
Most of the questions appear from these books that mainly appear in the first level of examination. Basically being the textbooks it is written in a very simple language that is easily graspable. It is suggested to go through NCERT Books that are available from class sixth to class twelve for related concepts. Beneath are the list of NCERT Books for UPSC Exams that are helpful for general studies.
- Statistical Methods.
- Elementary Statistics
Science and Technology.
- Spectrum (Concept) – Science and Technology in India.
- Popular Science Series
- Reports of the Ministry of Science and Technology Yojana.
- Science Reporter.
The above books are of a level tenth.
Indian History and Culture
- History of Modern India Raghavan Aiyer.
- Modern India
- Gandhi Nehru Tagore & Ambedkar
- Gazetteer of India.
The above books are of plus two levels regarding Ancient, Medieval and Modern Indian.
- Economic Survey
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Sharma
- Business Standard, The Economic Times
- Indian Economy by Dutt and Sundaram or by Mishra and Puri.
- IIPa Journal
- Our Parliament by Subhash C. Kashyap.
- Perspective on the Constitution by S.C. Kashyap
- Indian Constitution by D.D. Basu
- Frontline Magazine
- Bhartiya Rajya Vyavastha by N.L. Madan.
- Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi.
The above books are of plus one level of Indian Political Systems.
- Down to earth
- General Principles of World Geography by Charles Farro
- Economic and Commercial Geography of India – Sharma, and Coutinho
- Monsoon Asia Reports – Charles Farro; Published by Tata Energy Research Institute and Centre for Science and Environment.
- Yojana and Kurukshetra – National journal.
- India- A Comprehensive Geography – Khullar.
- A Good School Atlas
Book for Physical Geography of India from class tenth to class twelve.
India and the World
- South Asian Journal
- Journal of Peace Studies
- World Focus
- Strategic Analysis
Social and National Issues
- IPA Journal
- Kurukshetra or Yojana
- Social Problem by Ram Ahuja
- Social Welfare Magazine published by the Ministry of Social Welfare.
Other General books
- Guides like Tata Mc Graw Hill
- One competitive Magazine
- India Year Book latest
About Author: Bhavishya.S is presently working as a content writer at Byju’s. She loves to pen down her imagination through words. Since when she started her career she has written articles and blogs. If you wish to discuss any related concepts or ideas feel free to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org