Pre or Tier1 is important:
– If you are newbie to this exam, you should must target Tier1 exam seriously to score more and avoid pressure in Tier2 or Mains and Interview.
- how to prepare for exam at home or without coaching.
- Exam pattern and Syllabus of CGL tier1.
- Strategy to crack SSC exams.
What Minimum marks should one to score in Tier1:
– There is not specific cutoff which anyone can tell.
If i go for last 2 years cutoff (2013 and 2014) and pattern, 110+ considered safe score for the aspirants to target interview post provided that you will perform better in Tier2 or Mains.
Cutoff of 2013 of Tier1- For all posts: General – 102, OBC-85, ST-69, SC-77, OH-67, HH-25, VH-61
Cutoff of 2014 of Tier1- For all posts: General – 96.5, OBC-82, ST-69.5, SC-77, OH-68.75, HH-25, VH-61
Now, you can see the cutoff going very high compared to 2012 and previous years. If you score marks near the cutoff, it does not mean you can’t get any post in Interview. But, this will increase pressure on you to score more in Mains exam and again the cutoff of Tier1+Tier2 going very high nearly 426+ for UR category. Hence, analyze the pressure on the aspirants who are near the cutoff.
How to score good marks in SSC CGL exams:
– I have discussed the strategy to score in CGL examination which you can read on my blog. (Click here).
Which one is more important Tier1 or Tier2 exam:
– Actually, one has to score Maximum marks in both exams to ones capability. It will be advantage to you, if you score more in Tier1 and then, prepare hard for Mains exam to score more. So, both exams are equally important.
But, another Truth is that Mains exam of CGL can be a turning point in CGL examination even, if you have scored less in Tier1. There are many examples of aspirants who score more in Tier1 but less in Tier2 and also there are aspirants who gets less marks in Tier1 and then, work hard to get good marks in Tier2 and also sit for Interview.
Is CGL tier1 becoming a luck factor:
– Since last 2 years (2013 and 2014), aspirants of CGL exam reporting disparity among the level of difficulty of questions asked in different shifts.
SSC CGL Tier1 exam is conducted in different shifts and every shift gets different sets of questions, but students have reported the disparity in the difficulty level compared to other shifts. As easy set can fetch more marks compared to harder one.
But, THIS DOES NOT MATTER. Many of you find objection on this, i have earlier told that you can score more if you work hard and strategically. Even if you score less marks and clear cutoff you can cover-up in Tier2 examination as this exam is conducted in only one shift and less chance getting different level of difficult questions.
Is Normalization there in SSC exams?
– SSC never does normalization just because you have got tough paper compared to others. It’s CGL paper not MTS level, so one should be prepared to every level of difficulty and should not think last paper comes easy so you can easily clear it.
Although, IBPS does normalization in its exam but that’s the different matter.
Note: Prepare for CGL Exam with every level of questions and practice more and more in Maths and English to speed up in attempting questions and practice also help you in better understanding of subjects and level of questions.
“Practice makes a man perfect”
ALL THE BEST…