Pattern of SSC Pre-exams:
– The pattern of initial or Pre-exam conducted by SSC remains the same. Although, there are different criteria for Tuer2 or Mains exams and typing test (CPT/DEST) or physical endurance test (PET) procedure for different posts and exams.
Here, is the look of Marking scheme:
|Marking Scheme for every SSC exams|
– There is NEGATIVE MARKING in every test of 0.25 marks on each wrong answer marked in OMR sheets.So, be careful while attempting the questions.
– Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning: This section would include questions of both verbal and non- verbal type.
Verbal Reasoning- Analogy or Similarity, Blood Relationship, Symbol & notification, Classification, Distance & Direction, Scheduled Time/Date/Day/Year, Series, Coding & Decoding, Word Formation, Syllogism, Statement & Conclusion, Ranking/arrangement, Finding the Missing Number, Arithmetical Problems, Arrangement of Word in Logical order, Cubes & Dices, Venn diagram, Miscellaneous.
Non-Verbal Reasoning- Series, Analogy or Similarity, Classification, Mirror & Water Images, Paper Cutting & Folding, Completion of Figure, Embedded Figure.
– Part B: General Awareness: Questions in this sections will be asked from current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The include questions from different aspects relating to Economic Survey, Traditional General Awareness , History and Culture, General Science, Indian Polity, Constitution, Economy, Finance & Commerce, Traditional General Knowledge, National Insignia, History of India, Art & Culture India, Indian Geography, Indian Constitution & Polity, Economics & Indian Economy, United Nation & Organizations, World Geography, General Science, Environment, Traditional General Knowledge, Sports, Computer Knowledge & Literacy, Current Affairs (important events, awards, sports etc).
– Part C: Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
– Part D: English Language and Comprehension: Questions in this components will be asked from error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension, Active-Passive Voice, Narration, Close Test, and Comprehension.
– You can also download E-books
- Also Read: Prepare for Mains CGL