How and What to study:
– But, still one has to study GA sections to score better in the exams. So, i have collected the list of books to read and practice them. One can get 20-25 marks, if history, constitution, economics, geography and science topics are focused.
– And for current affairs, keep reading newspaper and special focus on main events by government, budget, economic survey, sports and awards. Last one year current affairs and events questions can be asked.
List of Books:
1. Lucent General Knowledge for Competitive exams: This is the most popular book among SSC aspirants. It contains General Studies topics like History, Constitution, Geography, Science etc. with brief explanation.
2. Chapterwise Solved Papers: SSC General Studies: This is also a popular book with each topics explained briefly. You can buy Lucent or Arihant but no need to study both books.
3. SSC General Awareness – Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 to till Date (8425+Objective Question): I prefer this book because there are all previous papers from 1997 to till date. This previous year gives you a brief of questions asked in the exams.
4. 14000 + Objective Questions – General Studies: This book is from Arihant’s publications, have compiled many GA questions that can be asked in the exams. So, many plenty of questions to practice also helps you in gaining more knowledge of this section.
5. The Pearson Concise General Knowledge Manual 2016: This book is compilation of General Studies topics. It has been recommended by many for all competitive examination of Government jobs. You can study this in short and tight time schedule. It really helps you to cover different topics of General Studies easily and concisely as for most of the exams expect USPC you do not even to go at much depth of any general studies topics.
- Also Read: Syllabus of General Awareness for SSC exams
Important Topics for Exams:
– If you have strong Quantitative Aptitude and General Intelligence, you can easily clear cutoff by attempting less questions in GK, but those want to score the best in the first test only, they have to attempt this section too.
There are few important topics which are important to study in order to get 15-20 marks:
- History: From this topic, 4-5 questions can be asked. Ancient History, Medieval History and Sultanate history, Indian Independence struggle are the most important topics from History Sections.
- Constitution: From this topic, 4-5 questions are also asked. Parts of Constitution, Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, Important Articles (not all), Writs, etc.
- Economics: This topics weighs 5-6 questions. This section should be prepared properly as many questions are asked from this, are not possible to attempt easily and can harm one’s score.
- Science: This section is also important one as preparation of this section can fetch you 8-10 marks. Since, last 2-3 years, SSC has put more stress on science section. Thus, increases the difficulty level of paper.
- Current Affairs: Last one year current affairs related to politics, government, bills, sports, awards and important events or deaths.
- Also Read: Strategy to prepare for Tier1 exams of CGL.
Study Material or GS capsules: