– This test is necessary, if one has applied for Tax assistant in non-interview posts (other than auditors and sub-inspectors). But, this is not necessary for those who want to be a sub-inspector or Auditor posts in non-interview lists of CGL exam.
- This test is conducted for Tax assistant posts of CBDT/CBEC department ONLY.
- A candidate has to type 2000 – 2200 key depressions/strokes (5 keys on average is equal to a word)
- A printed matter will given which the candidates have to type in 15 minutes span of time.
- One can amend ones mistake, if completed before the time and the remaining time can be utilised.
- Minimum speed for DEST is 30 w.p.m(words per minute) is required to qualify the test.
- This test is only Qualifying in nature. No additional marks will be added to your written exam marks.
- Only candidates who qualify this skill test with not less than 8000 keys depressions per hour, will be recommended for the tax assistant posts.
- 5% error for UR category and 7% for OBC/SC and 15% for ST/HH/VH categories are allowed.
- VH and HH candidates are not exempted from this test. Whereas, compensatory time of 20 minutes more i.e. 35 minutes will be allotted to type 2000-2200 key depressions/strokes.
– Note: If you have qualified for SSC CPT exam and also filled all interview/non-interview posts including Tax assistant, you need not appear for this again. On the day of CPT test, that 15 minute typing test will be considered to qualify for the DEST.
– OH candidates opting for the post of tax assistant in CBDT are exempted for appearing in skill test. OH candidates opting for post of tax assistant in CBEC are not exempted from skill test.
– Only those VH candidates who opt for scribes in the written examination will be provided passage reader at the time of skill test. The Skill Test will be of qualifying nature.